|| How do I get started with Clickers in Higher Education?
Getting started with clickers can seem like a daunting task – but it’s not! Here are some steps to set you on the right path to use clickers in your classroom.
The following video is a quick overview of TurningPoint 5 Software and what it can offer you:
Now that you have a basic understanding of the Software, it is time to begin your journey of getting set up and ready to go:
- Request an Instructor Kit: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/instructorkit
- An Instructor Kit is for instructors that are adopting clickers for their class(es).
- An Instructor Kit contains a clicker and receiver for you to practice your presentations.
- Add Clickers to your Bookstore Order (return to your Department Designee or Bookstore Representative)
- Include the course name and number of clickers needed in stock for your class(es).
- Provide the following ISBN for the clicker currently used on campus.
|Turning Technologies ResponseCard NXT
|| ISBN: 978-1-934931-49-3
|ResponseCard RF LCD
|| ISBN: 978-1-934931-40-0
|Turning Technologies ResponseCard RF
|| ISBN: 978-1-934931-39-4
- Consider ResponseWare
- What is ResponseWare?
- ResponseWare is a mobile solution that can be used in the same environment as clickers.
- ResponseWare is available as an App for the iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch and Android™ products.
- ResponseWare is also available for any web-enabled device at: http://rwpoll.com.
- Make sure your campus supports ResponseWare
- Some campuses are not equipped with access points to sufficiently run mobile solutions of any kind.
- Some campuses, at the request of the faculty, do not support mobile solutions like ResponseWare, as they do not want extra distractions in the classroom.
- Request a ResponseWare Presenter Account
- If you plan to use ResponseWare in your classroom, you must request access from your Campus Clicker Support Team or Account Executive at Turning Technologies.
- Your ResponseWare Presenter Account access will come to you via email from: Support@turningtechnologies.com
- Check your spam or junk mail since sometimes this email is diverted.
- Your access will be your school email address and a password you will set at: http://rwpoll.com
- You will use these credentials to turn on ResponseWare in the classroom prior to polling your students.
- USB RF receiver
- Classroom computer users – make sure that the classroom computer has a receiver.
- This can be done by contacting your Campus Clicker Support Team.
- If a receiver is not available, you should bring your Instructor Kit receiver.
- Personal computer users – remember to bring your Instructor Kit receiver to class!
- Direct LMS Integrations
- Check with your Campus Clicker Support Team to see if you have a Direct LMS Integration.
- Download Current Software
- Please Note: You will want to check with your Campus Clicker Support Team to verify which version of the software they are currently supporting on campus.
- Downloads for both Mac and PC (Windows) are available at: http://turningtechnologies.com/downloads.
- Select Current for the most up to date version of the software.
- Decide which Polling option to use in class
- Anywhere Polling – Anywhere Polling allows you to poll over any application using a floating interactive toolbar, including web pages, videos, documents, etc.
- PowerPoint Polling – PowerPoint Polling is integrated in PowerPoint, which allows you to poll using questions built in PowerPoint presentations.
- View the corresponding tutorial page for the polling type of your choosing
- Sign up for Training
- If you need additional training beyond the online tutorials you can reach out for assistance from:
- By practicing before reaching the classroom, you are in control of the situation and know what steps you need to take to be successful in the classroom.
- Make a Participant List
- Create Content (PowerPoint Slide, Question List, Document, etc.)
- Run a Session & Save a Session
- Upload Grades
- Suggestion: Update syllabus and/or LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, Sakai, D2L, etc.) to include clicker information and resources for your students