The fall 2019 release of Mac OS 10.15 will no longer support 32-bit applications, including ExamView. This OS update has prompted us to begin transitioning ExamView content to our web-based TurningPoint platform.
We anticipate that TurningPoint web will be able to support all ExamView users by the end of March 2020. Until then, we suggest not updating to Mac OS 10.15. This will ensure you do not encounter any workflow changes or service interruption during the transition period.
- Content creation tools and multiple question types
- ExamView content (.tst and .bnk) conversion for use in the online platform
- Access and management of content and results online
- Real-time content and program updates
If you must update to Mac OS 10.15 prior to the release of TurningPoint web with support for ExamView users, you have these options:
- For all ExamView clients, you will receive a free TurningPoint license (five seats). With this license, you can use TurningPoint desktop to convert, edit and print existing ExamView tests (.tst). You will not be able to create new tests with your existing content.
- For all ExamView Premium clients, we will honor the remainder of your licensing with TurningPoint mobile.
View features and functionality supported in ExamView, TurningPoint desktop and TurningPoint web
- View features and functionality supported when you convert your ExamView test (.tst) files to desktop to convert, edit and print
- View features and functionality available if you decide to move from ExamView to TurningPoint desktop
Follow these steps to convert, edit and print existing ExamView tests (.tst) in TurningPoint desktop:
- Open TurningPoint and sign in to your account.
- Select the Content tab.
- Click the Content drop-down menu and select Convert ExamView/CPS File.
- Locate the file to be converted, select file and click Open. TurningPoint imports the file and places it under the Content tab.