- Creates and maintain the Product Backlog.
- Prioritizes and sequences the Backlog according to business value or ROI
- Assists with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Conveys the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint.
- Represents the customer, interfaces and engages the customer.
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every Sprint and has complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- Communicates status internally and externally.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Product Owner should be detail-oriented, self directed, experienced with Microsoft Office and knowledgeable of the software development process. The product manager must also be able to thrive in a team environment sharing creating ideas and utilizing innovative thinking to solve problems. Experience working within the education or corporate/government markets are a major plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two years’ product management experience within the software and technology industry. (Not a requirement, but recommended)
- A true team player with good communication skills.
- Highly innovative and creative thinking abilities to develop solutions for market problems.
- Willingness to work as a team to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and knowledgeable in the software development process.