Scrum Master Intern
Founded in 2002, Turning Technologies is headquartered in Youngstown, Ohio. The company began with three goals in mind: to make response technology more affordable, user-friendly, and better documented so that users could easily grasp its benefits. First supported by the Youngstown Business Incubator – a local organization that promotes technology business development – the original team members developed the initial release of popular TurningPoint software in a 12-by-20 foot office. Six years later, Turning’s growth included over 130 staff members which took up nearly four floors. By 2007, the company was ranked as the fastest growing privately-owned software company in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine who detailed the Turning Technologies story as it grew 3,707.9% from 2004 – 2007.
Now home to more than 250 employees worldwide, Turning is committed to providing superior products, service and support with the aid of our dedicated staff. Our unique atmosphere, passionate personnel and dynamic approach to sales and development has resulted in consistently low attrition rates. Turning Technologies careers are highly sought after positions that fill quickly and foster individual talents. We are always seeking motivated employees to join our team.
Internship Learning Objectives
- Learn and experience the Agile software development process, utilized by the largest and most well-known software companies like Amazon, Spotify, Google and Microsoft
- Assist with facilitation of meetings for the various development teams. This includes:
- Post-processing, action items and follow-up
- Assist as a communication point, reporting up to the ScrumMaster / Senior Engineers any impediments or outstanding issues, as noted by the development teams
- Assist with gathering user feedback and user experience initiatives, including analysis of feedback and recommendations for next steps
- Conduct research and prepare formal reports on various processes, tools, market trends, etc. on an as-needed basis
- Perform routine clerical and administrative functions as needed
The Scrum Master intern will assist with the implementation of Agile software development principles by the Scrum Master and leadership team. He or she will assist with day-to-day activities that facilitate the Scrum process, including any coordination of meetings and related activities. Intern will act as another point of communication across teams, able to report to the leadership team any roadblocks or issues that arise that requires additional assistance. He or she will take on research tasks or feedback-gathering initiatives as assigned. Intern must have strong organization skills, with the aptitude to learn new tools that expedite our internal agile processes. Intern will assist the Scrum Master directly with any team needs in order to ensure cross-team coordination and continual improvement of processes.
- Pursuing B.S. degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Computer Information Systems, Business Management or related field
- Excellent organization and reporting skills
- Strong knowledge in common Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn new processes in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to learn tools like JIRA for issue tracking and Confluence for document housing
- Key attributes like accountability, technical aptitude, and strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills