Turning Technologies is currently seeking hardworking, accountable and self-motivated individuals for a rewarding position as a Systems Engineer & Integration Specialist. This is an important, pivotal position requiring versatility, creativity and strong programming skills. The position:
- Exposes employees to a wide variety of new skills and experience.
- Provides many opportunities to seek out new challenges and accomplish a variety of goals.
- Will have the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the Sales, Finance, Warehouse and other departments. This will be a key component in driving shareholder value.
- Broadens an individual’s skill set from programming to integration and increases the understanding of the needs of the business.
The Systems Engineer & Integration Specialist will be the primary contact for the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. This person will design and produce system customizations, create integrations between systems, produce reporting requests, provide end user support, analyze/debug issues, provide end user application training, and maintain application environments. Through this position, programming skills will be enhanced, a deeper understanding of business needs will be obtained and the overall value of the individual to the organization will be realized.
- Manage ERP/CRM system functionality and logical flow by maintaining existing system customizations through programming and/or system workflows. Design and produce new customizations as needed.
- Develop applications and integrations between systems based on the needs of the company.
- Design and implement standard and ad hoc reporting using tools such as built in ERP/CRM reporting tools, direct database queries and Excel spreadsheets.
- Create and maintain user profiles and permissions. Grant access to reports, lists and views to individual users and groups.
- Interact with segment management to determine current and future needs, enhancements and upgrades.
- Provide end user systems support. Troubleshoot problems or mistakes and assist as needed. Provide both in-person and written end user application training.
- Analyze internal processes and make recommendations for increased efficiency.
- Strong database (SQL, Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.) and Excel skills.
- Understand data input/output and user interactions with systems in order to support functional business requirements.
- Basic understanding of accounting/finance.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact within Business Systems team, management and end users.
- Exceptional organizational skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability showing initiative and desire to learn.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, with the ability to break down problems and generate shared understanding across different technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related degree, or equivalent job experience
- Systems Engineer or Programming experience preferred
- ERP or CRM experience preferred
Turning Technologies, located in Youngstown, Ohio, is a leading company in the audience response industry. In addition to focusing on being the industry leader in innovation, our commitment is to the ongoing offering of the industry’s easiest, most powerful, fully interactive response systems available.
Turning Technologies promotes a very dynamic and exciting work environment providing tremendous opportunity for personal growth and advancement.