Turning Technologies is seeking a Visual Design Intern as we build out our marketing team. As the Visual Design intern, you’ll be our dedicated visual storyteller, with the huge opportunity to influence end-to-end marketing campaigns and touchpoints to bring more customers to the Turning blended learning platform. The selected candidate will have demonstrated success as a visual designer with a foundation in strategic thinking, understanding the difference between Visual Design and Graphic Design. You innately understand good creative needs solid business and creative strategy, or else it would be a mere exercise in decoration. You seek out skillsets which complement your creative chops and you are obsessed with your craft. You know working on your craft is never done and understand the relentless pace of design innovation. Resting on your laurels is never an option.
You are excited about the opportunity to help shape and drive creative for a world changing industry within a world changing company and you do not take this kind of opportunity lightly.
- Responsible for translating ideas and concepts into useful and engaging solutions.
- Great attention to detail and ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standards.
- Shaping Visual Design deliverables across touchpoints and channels.
- Ability to design strategically across all mediums, audiences and touchpoints
- Support an authentic and collaborative partnership with partners across the company.
- Collaborating across disciplines with a strong understanding that visual design does not exist on its own but rather holistically within a creative practice.
- Be a champion for all creative work, helping those around us understand why what we do is invaluable.
- Ability to quickly develop visual conceptual directions while not being too precious about the work, welcoming direct feedback.
- Ability to welcome and appreciate direct feedback and collaboration.
- Supporting and contributing to the understanding and development of the visual design practice, staying on top of, and educating others, on the latest trends.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to shift your designs based on medium and touchpoint.
- Consistent and relentless self-starter who takes initiative while knowing when to escalate and ask for direction.
- Help carry positive in-house studio culture both within the studio as well as outside of it.
- Demonstrate and foster great collaborative attitudes.
- Succinctly articulate visual design concept rationales.
- Find visual design solutions together with a cross disciplinary team which meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Proven ability to not just work within – but thrive in – a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to context-switch easily and quickly.
- Expertise across not only the standard Adobe Creative Suite, but other applications as well such as Sketch, InVision, AdobeXD, Zeplin, etc.
- A pixel-perfect design sensibility.
- Tight typography chops.
- Demonstrated ability to use grid systems and apply design best practices.
- Ability to prototype your ideas with fresh thinking.
- Ability to clearly articulate your point of view utilizing visual storytelling.
- Passion for art and science.
- Strong background in creative within the digital space.
- Working knowledge of accessibility standards.
- A desire to learn more and contribute more outside of your area(s) of expertise.
- A background in branding.
- Demonstrated humility and strong sense of collaboration combined with optimism and an inventive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Solid presentation skills, understanding the importance of narrative.
- A drive to extract the beauty out of a problem.
- A tireless desire to learn driven by curiosity.
- Excitement about helping to shape big, industry-defining ideas.
- Emotional intelligence.