One of the questions we are commonly asked is how to write fun and engaging attendance questions for students. Before we go any further, any question can be used as an attendance question if it gets your students thinking!
Here is a list of our favorite types of attendance questions to ask your students.
- Name of the Song
- Who is the artist?
- What period is the work from?
- What is the title of the work of art?
- Where is the work of art located?
- The name of the person who said the quote
- The significant event or document the quote is from
- The name of the movie
- The excerpt’s significance to the class
- Favorite band
- Favorite pizza topping
- Year in school
- Something they learned in the last class period
- Their assigned reading
- A topic you have not covered yet that will be discussed that day
Oh, the possibilities! Let your imagination run wild. Your students will thank you for it.