One of the questions we are commonly asked is how to write a good attendance question. Before we go any further, any question can be used as an attendance question if it gets your students thinking!
Play a music video/music clip and asking the students questions about the:
- Name of the Song
Post a political cartoon and ask for feedback relating to the inference.
Post a picture of an artist or work of art and ask the students:
- Who is the artist?
- What period is the work from?
- What is the title of the work of art?
- Where is the work of art located?
Post a famous quote and ask the students to identify:
- The name of the person who said the quote
- The significant event or document the quote is from
Play a movie excerpt and ask:
- The name of the movie
- The excerpt’s significance to the class
Oh, the possibilities! Let your imagination run wild! Your students will thank you for it!