YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (Nov. 9, 2015) – As part of a commitment to promoting academic excellence, eInstruction by Turning Technologies today announced the winners of its Fall 2015 Classroom Improvement Technology Grant. The leader in assessment and learning engagement services awarded ten recipients with a complete educational technology package valued at $3,600. More than 850 students will have the opportunity now to utilize edtech tools proven to enhance instruction and improve learning outcomes. Grant winners were selected based on providing insight into how they planned to effectively incorporate technology within the classroom.
Fall 2015 Classroom Improvement Technology Grant Recipients:
- Phil Colling, Hendersonville High School – Hendersonville, TN
- Rebecca DelBarone, Woonsocket High School – Woonsocket, RI
- Brendan Fitzpatrick, John and Shamarion Barber Middle School – Dickinson, TX
- Alison Hunt, Davidson Middle School – Crestview, FL
- Aaron Jura, Helen Cox High School – Harvey, LA
- Wane Kittrell, Snow Canyon High School – St. George, UT
- Sarah Koves, Carson City-Crystal High School – Carson City, MI
- Richard Roberts, Plainview High School – Plainview, TX
- Teresa Schwarz, Father Lopez Catholic High School – Daytona Beach, FL
- Jamie Tellish, Snow Hill Elementary School – Snow Hill, MD
This year’s grant competition attracted hundreds of educators from across the country. “We had the privilege to read compelling stories of innovation with using technology with students,” stated John Wilson, director of the Turning Foundation. “I applaud everyone who participated in the grant competition and put the time and energy into supporting their classrooms.”
Each winning classroom receives the following solutions courtesy of eInstruction by Turning Technologies:
- ExamView Assessment Suite and Learning Series – Complete testing solution offers the ability to create, administer and manage assessments using current content or a library of 15,000+ standards-aligned assessment questions. Compatible with more than 11,000 textbooks from over 65 leading publishers.
- Insight 360 Cloud – Assessment platform that enables the customization and delivery of existing and ExamView content while utilizing technology such as mobile devices, student response clickers and interactive whiteboards with just one application.
- Mobi – Mobile interactive whiteboard with touch screen provides the ability to deliver and control content from anywhere in the room. Launch instruction, annotate material and analyze real-time assessment data.
- 32-Seat ResponseCard NXT – ResponseCard NXT features alphanumeric input and is compatible with all eInstruction by Turning Technologies software.
About eInstruction by Turning Technologies:
eInstruction by Turning Technologies is the leading global partner for learning engagement and assessment services focused on measurably improving teaching and learner success. Our solutions manage, enhance and deliver instructional and assessment content in ways that improve learner success while collecting critical data for use in meaningful ways. Founded in 2002, the company began with the development of response technology that was affordable, user-friendly and better documented so that users could easily grasp its benefits. Today, over 20 million response devices have been delivered to K-12 schools, universities, government agencies, military bases and businesses worldwide. In 2013, Turning acquired industry pioneer eInstruction with more than 30 years of experience and a diversified solution to expand both its market share and product offerings across all industry segments. The combined portfolio of clicker systems, polling software, assessment platforms, interactive whiteboards and professional development services are designed to inspire achievement each and every day. Founded and based in Youngstown, Ohio, Turning maintains global offices in Scottsdale, Arizona; Fort Wright, Kentucky; Belfast, United Kingdom; and Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Learn more at www.TurningTechnologies.com. Follow@TurningTech.