After downloading TurningPoint web for PowerPoint and setting up a course, click on the PowerPoint ribbon to get started. (Live polling with PowerPoint is also available in TurningPoint desktop. For more information on that, check out our quick start guides.)
Open PowerPoint and follow these steps:
- Click New on the TurningPoint ribbon.
- Select one of the following question types: Multiple Choice, Short Answer, Word Cloud, Numeric Response or Hotspot
- Enter question text in field provided.
- Enter answer text in field provided (if applicable).
Adjust question options as necessary. Once you are done adding all of your TurningPoint slides, save your PowerPoint presentation as usual before you begin your live polling session.
- Enable mobile response and/or clicker support on the TurningPoint ribbon (depending on whether your participants are responding using clickers, mobile devices or both)
- Start your slide show.
- Advance the slide to open/close polling depending on the Polling Options selected during content creation.
- At the end of the slide show, click Save from the TurningPoint ribbon.
- Rename session if desired.
- Select Finish.
Review participant development, evaluate the effectiveness of individual questions and track participation with TurningPoint reports. All of the data gathered during a live PowerPoint polling session is saved to your TurningPoint account to review whenever you want. Seamless integrations also ensure that instructors can send grades directly to their learning management systems without any hassle.
- Click Results from the TurningPoint ribbon.
- Select desired course to access results. The TurningPoint web results for the course open in a browser.
- Filter by session or student in the left panel.
- Click Reports on the top right to view detailed reports.
- Additionally, you can click Upload Grades if using an LMS-associated course.